Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The craziest 2 weeks of our lives.


I have so much to tell that it is overwhelming. So, I am going to keep part 1 short:

Part 1:
On December 30, we sold our old house, but did not purchase our new house until January 4th. So, we had all of our furniture and belongings stored in our "old" garage, sent Jack to Huntsville, and spent 5 days at Fionnuala and Paul's house, while they weren't even in town. The scary part was that I was 38 weeks pregnant and terrified of going in to labor.

Last Monday, we closed on our new house. Also, on that day they began moving our furniture. They went back for a second load and the guy hurt his knee, so they couldn't finish. This left Jason and I sleeping on a mattress, on the floor, for our first night in the new house, with plans for the movers to show up at 8am.

Part 2:
At midnight, I woke up with pretty regular contractions. I knew this was it. For those of you that know the in depth version of this entire story, we had tempted fate one too many times. I timed the contractions for about 1 hour and then decided to wake up Jason, since they were about every 8 minutes. We got to the hospital around 2am. The nurse said that we would watch the contractions until 5am and then call the doctor to see what the plan would be. My doctor decided to bump his 2 scheduled c-sections, since I had been laboring all night. We called our parents and they began making their plans to head this way. (A special thanks to my Uncle James who was called around 6:30am and went to our house to wait on the movers)

At 8:36am James "Holden" Lee was born, weighing 8lbs 1oz. I can't believe he weighed entire pound more than Jack did.













































We are all doing well. Kiki and Grandad are back in Hunstville resting up from keeping Jack for the last 7 days. They are headed back, this weekend. LeeLee and Big J are at our house, with Jack tonight. We are so thankful and fortunate to have wonderful grandparents that can help us out, when we need it.

Schools are closed, tomorrow, because of the weather, so I doubt we'll have any visitors. We should be released Friday. I'm ready to get my new baby home, spend some time with Jack, and check out our new house!

2 comments:

Tina K Rogers said...

he's beautiful!!!!!!!

Cassie Clark said...

Oh Leesa...I am so proud of you! Holden looks so sweet and healthy! Congratulations and enjoy bringing your new baby to your new home! You are awesome!