Friday, January 29, 2010

Again?

And, he thinks work is exhausting...


Well, I survived my first week alone. At the beginning of the week, I was pretty sure that I let help leave too soon. I think my doctor would not have been happy, if he saw me straining to get Holden and his car seat in and out of the car everyday (to pick up Jack). I guess I could have let Jason pick up Jack, but I hate for him to stay at daycare until 5pm or later. Anyway, I felt much better as the week went on. Actually, due to our lazy morning and the rain, I decided to let Jack stay home from daycare, today. And, I'm not ashamed to admit that it is 4:45pm and he is still in his pajamas. At least, I'm not. The reason for our lazy morning... Jason's Uncle John spent the night with us. The weather delayed his flight, so Jack, Holden, and I were in bed before he got here. The only time to visit was this morning. It was a short visit, but a nice one.

I tried so hard to not talk about Holden's good sleeping habits because he was only 2 weeks old and it could have easily been temporary. Overall, he still sleeps much better than Jack, but not as good as a couple of weeks ago. He always starts out with a 3 hour "run", which definitely gets me that deep sleep that I need. Then, he wakes up every 1.5-2 hours. But, he gets a diaper change, eats, and goes back to sleep within 30 minutes. The biggest difference is that once 6am hits, we all get up, for the day, because Jack will be up soon.

No comments: