Monday, January 25, 2010

Just the Two of Us

My parents are not here, this week, so it is just Holden and me. I was spoiled, when they were here. They brought groceries, cooked meals, cleaned dishes, made bottles, washed bottles, fed Holden, changed his diapers and even picked Jack up from daycare. Most nights, they even bathed Jack and put him to bed. My dad was my personal chauffeur. He drove me everywhere I went. I definitely needed the extra help because of the c-section, but I'm feeling pretty good. It's confusing to feel this good, but I'm still not supposed to lift anything over 10 lbs for 3 more weeks.

We've had a nice quiet day, so far. We met Jason for lunch and then went to Holden's doc appointment. He is going to be a BIG boy, which doesn't surprise us because he eats all of the time. He weighed 9 lbs 6 oz and was 22 1/2 in long. That put him in the 95th percentile in height and 85 percentile in length. It's no wonder he has been such a good sleeper.

Last weekend, some of our friends came to visit and bring us some dinner. Jack had a lot of fun playing with their little girl. She is 2 months older than Jack. It was so cute to seem them playing together. We had not seen her in about 6 months. I took this picture, after I caught them looking at a book, together, on the the couch. The picture makes me laugh because she is wearing one of Jack's house slippers...

No comments: