Saturday, August 15, 2009

So much better

I decided that Sam's wound was not getting any better. Not only did she still have the a large hole, but a different area of dead skin came off. I knew that was good, but it sure looked bad. I called the Vet, yesterday morning. They said to bring her back in. Her antibiotic was almost out and we had been treating the wound for 5 days. So I took her in Friday afternoon, at 3pm. The doctor said that the wound looked great. What!? She said that it looked very clean and this was a long process for it to heal. She said that it didn't have to be closed. It would eventually close on its own, but I could opt to have her close it. Well, I decided to have her close it. I am very happy with my decision. It makes me so much happier to see it closed and she seems to feel great. She is even laying in my bed, as I type.


I never posted any true "before picures". I thought it was a bit graphic.

No comments: