Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fighters

It has been my personal mission, lately, to NOT get sick. At work, I clean my tables twice a day, wash my hands 5 times a day, and use hand sanitizer 10 times a day. If a child sneezes, while sitting at one of my tables, I clean it with Clorox Cleaner, after they leave. I feel like my efforts are futile because I keep getting this tickle, in my throat, that will eventually develop into something.

On Monday, I called Jack's daycare, at 10am, to tell them that I lost the most recent newsletter and I couldn't remember when the Teacher Work Day was. Well, it's a good thing I called, because it was the next day! Fortunately, my parents were able to make a last minute trip to Bham. Little did they know the trip would last longer than one day. Jack's nose started running and he began a cough about a week ago. Well, he woke up Tuesday with crud on his eye. They were swollen and draining all day, but not red. He woke up, today, with the other eye matted shut and swollen, but still not red. I talked to the nurse and she said that, if it is not red, then it is not Pink Eye. She said his Cold was just draining out of his eyes. Ew. I didn't know it could do that. Fortunately, she prescribed him something, without having to see him.

1 comment:

Tina K Rogers said...

ahhhhhh, the joys of having your kid in daycare. poor fellow, hope he gets better soon!!!!!!