Sunday, August 9, 2009

Emergency Vet

We had our fist experience with the Emergency Vet clinic, this morning. I woke up and found blood all over our kitchen and den. After a couple of calls to our own personal Vet (Aunt Jen), I took a closer look and realized that Sam had an oozing sore, at the base of her tail. Well, I guess it was oozing and bleeding. So, we headed to the Vet. It turned out that Sam had a nasty, abscessed wound on her rear end. I can't believe that I had not noticed it. She has been very distant since her annual check-up last week, so I haven't had much contact with her. The most likely explanation for her wound is that she had an altercation with Alley. Sam likes to pick fights with Alley. The emergency Vet kindly told us that we could wait until tomorrow to have the wound sutured close, at our normal Vet, since he would be a lot more expensive. So, they cleaned out the wound, put her on antibiotics, and bandaged her up. Unfortunately, the bandage does not cover the open wound. It is truly disgusting. Just a nice big hole. Here is a "G-rated" picture of Sam's wound. If you lift up her tail, you find the nasty stuff...


No comments: