Monday, May 9, 2011

Graduation

My last week of Graduate School did not go as planned. I wasn't looking forward to it because I had 3 assignments due and 2 final exams. One of the assignments was a 10 page paper. The worst part of it was that I was having my Spring Book Fair, so I had absolutely no time to work on anything, at school. I kept thinking that, if I could just make it through this week, then I would be finished studying and writing papers. Wednesday, April 27th changed everything. All of a sudden, I had no ability to concentrate. I trudged through my final assignments on Thursday and Friday because school was closed and the boys were at daycare. But, I completed them through tears, watching the news, talking to coworkers, and putting up refugees (haha). The exams were hard to study for, but I finally took them.

The weight being lifted off of my shoulders from finishing school didn't come like I thought it would. There were so many other important things. I am, now, feeling the freedom of no school. I read a short novel and am halfway through another one. I am happy to return to reading for pleasure.

I am happy and proud that I went back to Graduate School. I earned straight A's in 11 classes and graduated with a 4.0. When I earned my Master's Degree, I made one B, so I didn't have a 4.0. We won't discuss my grades at Birmingham-Southern. =) I am also thankful that my parents supported me and helped me reach this goal. The following pictures are my graduation present, from Jason, Jack, and Holden. I have wanted a swing, since we bought this house.


No comments: