Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A little bit of everything

Here is what we have been up to:

1. BIRTHDAY PARTY: Jack's birthday weekend was a lot of fun. He was lucky to have so many people there. A lot of people could not come because they were at the beach. We are fortunate to have great family and friends. We loved getting to see everyone, but, I was especially happy to see my brothers and their families. It has been almost a year since I had seen my nephew.

2. DENTIST: Jack went to the dentist on Monday. I thought it went well. The hygienist was very good. She was going to clean his teeth, but he wasn't interested. =) She did get to brush his teeth and use fluoride. I was kind of amazed when she started spraying the water around the room. It got him to let her put it in his mouth. Anyway, the dentist came in the room and Jack got under my chair. Oh, well.

3. DOCTOR: Today, Jack had his 3 year check-up. I was worried because Jason couldn't go with me. If I had known that, I would have gotten a babysitter for Holden. We did okay. Jack almost weighs 30 lbs. It was weird to see him as such a big boy. The nurse did a lot of the stats out in the hallway. He stood on the scale, had his vision checked, and she even took his blood pressure. Everything went well. I expressed my concern about Jack's snoring (every time he sleeps). The doctor wants us to go back to Jack's ENT and let him check it out. I see a tonsillectomy, in his future. I had sleep apnea, when I was little, and that makes me worry about Jack's breathing, at night.

4. GRAD SCHOOL: I made A's on my first 3 assignments! Actually, they were fairly easy. It's about to get hectic.

5. POTTY TRAINING: I didn't care one bit about potty training, when I was pregnant. I decided that I would worry about it, after Holden was born. Then, I found myself working, with a newborn, at home. All of a sudden, I cared even less about potty training. So, I decided to wait until I was off on summer vacation. So, Memorial Day weekend we quit wearing diapers, during the day. It has gone great so far. He had already been peeing in the potty some, so he knew what that was all about. The pooping took a little bit longer to get used to. But, when we don't have company (no offense), he does great with both. We haven't had any accidents, lately. I've decided that when these diapers run out, we are going to switch to my small package of pull-ups, and then go for only underwear, at night!














No comments: