Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Glasses


I'm going on 3 weeks of wearing my glasses (with the exception of 3-4 days). I haven't worn my glasses more than 24 hours, since I got contacts in 6th grade. I guess it is kind of scary to think that I've stuck something to my eyes everyday for 20 years. My mom has been telling me for 10 years that she would pay for Lasik surgery, but I'm not ready. Besides, my vision keeps changing. I got a new glasses prescription, last November, and when I went last week, my right eye was even worse. Apparently, I have allergies because my eyes are not re-wetting like they should and it is causing something similar to callouses on my eyes.

I don't think about how bad my vision is until I have to wear glasses. If it means anything to you, my eyes have lapsed into my left being 4.25 and right eye being 3.75. I have my dad to thank for my vision. My brother, James, and I both inherited his poor eye sight. I hate to complain too much because I could always post you pictures of James' cornea transplant.

No comments: