Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Basketball and Pumpkins

Jason's current basketball league is at Hunterstreet Baptist. He finally had a game early enough for me to take Jack. Jack loved it. We got there early enough to watch the guys warm up. Jack laughed loudly every time someone would shoot the ball. Once the game started, he would keep asking me when the players would come back to our end of the court. Of course, that was every 30 seconds or less. There was only one other spectator. It was a girl who would clap quietly when the other team would make a basket. Well, Jack would clap with her, which was funny because it was for the other team. Just like any typical kid, about halfway through the game Jack could be found playing under the bleachers.

I'm happy to report that Jason' team won. I told him that I figured out the key to winning a basketball game between a bunch of grown men.... the team that could come back after half time and still run down the length of the court.

Tonight, we carved a pumpkin. I complained because Jason insisted on carving an Auburn pumpkin. Our nice little family activity turned into a major project. I will admit that it turned out good.





No comments: