Friday, June 5, 2009

Don't Take it for Granted

I have been thinking for weeks, if not months, about transitioning Jack to a "Big Boy" bed. He has always had a twin bed in his room and we have been laying on it to read and play, for the last couple of weeks. Well, 3 days ago LeeLee was baysitting and he wanted to nap in his bed. He has napped in his big bed every day, since then. Last night, he insisted on going to sleep in his bed. We weren't fully ready, but decided to "go with it". He slept great all night long. He woke up at his usual, 6:45 am, and just talked to himself, until we went in there. For some reason, he doesn't realize that he is allowed to get out of his bed, on his own. He waits until someone comes in for him. Never, in my wildest dreams, did I think he would do the entire transition for us.

On the same note, we went to Publix and pulled into the garage about noon. As I was getting him out of his carseat, he said, "night night, bed". So, I took him straight to his room, and he climbed in bed, under the covers, waited for me to go find his blanket, and then said "night night".

No comments: