Wednesday, May 20, 2009

He Never Stood a Chance...

I was a typical, messy room, teenager. There wasn't much neat and organized about me. I still don't think my mom believes me, when I tell her that I've become obsessive compulsive about cleanliness and order. On the other hand, Jason knows all too well. I always say that I think I'm a bad mother because I won't let my son get his toys out to play with them. That isn't true, but I always catch myself shoving them back into a corner as soon as he moves on to something else.

Jack is starting to exhibit a few of these traits. Are they inherited or learned? Here are a few examples:
1.He loves to get out the broom and dust pan to clean the kitchen floor.
2.All he needs it one wipey and he'll dust the entire house.
3.One morning (before getting out of his crib), he pointed and fussed at his book shelf. Jason didn't know what he was talking about. He carried him straight to the high chair for breakfast. As soon as he was finished, Jack ran back to the bedroom. There had been ONE domino out of the tin box and he put it away.
4.Today, he started to empty a drawer in the kitchen. We've been way past due locking the top drawers. Well, since I was cooking dinner, I just removed anything dangerous and let him have at it. After a few minutes of noticing him walk back and forth across the kitchen, I decided to investigate. He had all the utensils line up in front of the door. He would pick up, play with it, then put it back in its spot.



1 comment:

Tina K Rogers said...

Well, you need to rub off on me. Anything is game at our house. ivy gets her own food, drink, toys... u name it!!! bad to say i'm not the mom that runs behind always picking up!! i wait until the weekend so it takes ALL day!!!he he he... so you can start rubbing off on me!! i'm trying to be better though. the last 2 nights i've made ivy help pick up all her toys before we go to bed. we'll see how long that lasts.