Monday, August 23, 2010

The first of many...








Today was one of those days where you feel like you should have never gotten out of bed. It's too long of a story but it involves the entire family dressed and headed out the door at 6:30am so that they can drive me all the way to Concord to drop me off at work. It's 8pm and I still don't have my car. The worst part is Holden has a fever and I'm supposed to be at the Jefferson County Board of Education for an important meeting, in the morning. Anyway, I acted pitiful enough that Jason canceled his meetings and agreed to be the one to keep Holden home. NTB has informed Jason that they will "compensate" us for our trouble, since they are the one that broke a, hard to find, part in my car.

I have a funny story to tell that invovles a friend of ours that I know reads the blog. Jack was acting bad, today, so I sent him to his bedroom until I had dinner ready. When I went up there, he was sitting on his bed with a picture frame in pieces. Here is the conversation that occured...

Mommy: "Jack, you broke your picture frame. That makes me sad. Do you know who else is going to be sad that you broke your picture frame"

Jack: "Daddy?"

Mommy: "yes, daddy will be sad, but do you know who else will be sad?"

Jack: "Marina?"

Mommy: "Well, I'm sure Marina would be sad if she knew you broke your picture frame, but I'm talking about Aunt Jennifer because she bought it for you a long time ago."


Speaking of Aunt Jennifer.... We are so excited that she and Phillip became engaged. We were all hoping it would happen soon!

No comments: