Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Who Needs a Babysitter?

Life has been crazy, lately. Jason took a job with a different company, Henger Rast Mortgage. While I do believe that this is a great decision, for our family, it has changed our normal routine. Jason has been working longer hours than he used too. Actually, it is 8:30pm, right now, and he still isn't home. Since we have hired a babysitter for Holden, my new routine involves driving 30 minutes home after school to pick up Holden, then running a quick errand, then driving to Riverchase to pick up Jack.

Even though Jack still likes to fight for our attention (quite often), he can be my helper. Holden is obsessed with him. He will watch Jack for long periods of time. One morning, Holden watched Jack play a computer game for at least 30 minutes. In the following picture, Holden kept inching off of the blanket to get closer to Jack. At one point, Jack come over to me and said (in a whiny voice), "Holden keeps getting on my puzzle".



Usually, when I put Jack to bed, I let him play with a toy, for a few minutes. We have never had a problem with that. He is always asleep by 8pm. When he is finished he pushes the toy to the foot of his bed. Tonight, I was changing Jack's sheets and this is what I found, at the foot of his bed...


This is how his bed starts out...

No comments: