Saturday, November 28, 2009

So Much To Say

It sure has been an interesting few days. The beginning of the week was full of errands and accomplishing goals. On Wednesday, we loaded up and headed down to Andalusia. For Thanksgiving, we went to Enterprise to celebrate with Jason's family. After being invited to an Iron Bowl party, we decided to leave Jack with LeeLee and Big J and head back to Bham, just the two of us. Friday morning, involved spending $150 having a new thermostat installed, since our heat had been out, since Tuesday.

Finally, we felt home free and did a little house hunting on the way to Ross Bridge to watch, what we were hoping, would not be a blow out. As it turned out, the game was so exciting, it sent Jason and I to the hospital. haha. About 10 minutes after the game, I noticed some pregnancy related problems. The nurse said I needed to go to the hospital.

So, about 5:30pm, we headed to St. Vincent's. I was having contractions every 5 minutes or so. They were not painful, but I definitely knew when they were happening. The ultrasound looked great (he weighs around 5lbs) and I was not dehydrated, so they gave me a shot of medicine to stop the contractions. We waited about 1.5 hours and I was still having contractions. Then, came shot number 2. We waited another 1.5 hours and I was still having contractions, even though I couldn't feel them at that point. But, we could see them on the monitor. So, I had a third shot. At this point, we knew we had another hour or so, so we decided to sleep. I couldn't because that shot made my heart race and I was really shaky. Finally, around 1:30am, they made sure I wasn't dilated and sent us home. Unfortunately, when we got home, the heat had quit working, again. So, it was about 59 degrees , in the house. Brrr.

We seem to be doing good, this morning. I'm looking forward to seeing Jack and trying to convince my mom that it is okay for them to go on their cruise, next week.



No comments: