Sunday, March 1, 2009

I usually don't think much about it, when someone refers to the "crazy Alabama weather". I'm sure it's not that much "crazier" than anywhere else. We have become accustomed to tornado sirens and unbearably hot temperatures. Just like northerners are accustomed to snow and negative degree temps.

Well, I'm finally a believer that our weather is crazy. The temperatures have been seesawing. Jason and I postponed leaving for Andalusia, Friday, because the storms were so bad. We decided that we just couldn't risk Jack's life in tornadic weather. Well, we didn't bother to check the entire state's forecast, when we headed out at 6:30am, Saturday. My dad called me at 7am and told me that Montgomery was under a tornado warning. Ahh! We were in clear skies and 30 minutes away from Montgomery. Sure enough, the drive through Montgomery was treacherous. The rains were torrential and the lightening terrifying. However, we made it safely. Then, we drove home through this...



It was actually quite beautiful...




This is what Jack thought about it...

No comments: