Friday, March 13, 2009

21 Months


Jack has had "well" doctor visits at least once every 3 months. However, this time he doesn't go back until 2 years. So, it will be a 6 month growth between visits. I can remember those first few doctor visits, well. It felt like an eternity between appointments. I always had at least 10 questions that I wanted to ask. Now, it's not so much a big deal. I can easily wait another 3 months.

It's been a long time since I've really talked about Jack's development, so I thought I'd share 10 facts about him...

1. He currently weighs around 25 pounds. (Actually, I haven't weighed him in a month or so. That's just a guess.)

2. Jack is and has always been a wonderful sleeper. He sleeps from 7pm to 7am and takes a 2-3 hour nap. We say, "it's sleepy time", and he says, "book", and runs to the rocking chair. We read him one or two stories, rock him for 2 minutes, and then put him in his crib.

3. Jack refuses to watch TV. He loves the Intro to Bear in the Big Blue House and will watch 5 minute increments, but then goes off to do something else. Everyday, when I'm cooking dinner, I wish he would just sit and watch the television for a little while. They tell me he doesnt' watch it at daycare, either.

4. He brings home 4 or 5 art projects a week. I date and keep all of them.

5. His new favorite trick is to jump, with both feet, off of the ground. It is funny to watch.

6. Jack loves to play "stop" and "go". We think he must have learned that from daycare.

7. I know it is too soon to be left-handed or right-handed, but we love to discuss which hand he is using. He holds his fork with both hands, equally. His daddy and granddad are both left-handed.

8. I'm obsessed with thinking about transitioning him out of his crib. The other day he had his leg up, like he was going to climb out of the crib. Ahh! I know he can do it, he just hasn't figured that out. My plan is to put him in his big bed, when he turns 2 unless he forces me to do it sooner. Fortunately, he has always had a twin bed in his room, so we can do it whenever.

9. It worried me the other day because he wouldn't let another little girl climb up to the slide, at the park. I've never seen him act this way. They tell me he never provokes anyone at daycare. So, hopefully, this was a one time deal.

10. Finally, I know it's time to start thinking about potty training, but it hasn't even crossed my mind. I feel absolutely no desire to force it. I'm going to get him a "potty", when he turns 2, but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it for another few months. I know he's not anywhere ready. The only thing that could change my mind is if the doctor tells me to go ahead and start.

No comments: