Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Remembering


This time last year, Jason and I were spending our first night in our new home. It was bitterly cold, Jack was in Huntsville, and half of our belongings were in limbo. As I woke Jason up around 11pm, I told him that we had tested fate too long and I was going into labor. We went to the hospital, called our parents, and asked my uncle to kindly arrive at our house at 6am for the rest of our furniture to be delivered. It was definitely a time in our lives that we will never forget. We are so lucky to have such wonderful parents. My parents kept Jack for most of December so we could plan for the move into our new house and Jason's parents setup all of our furniture while we were in the hospital. I am so excited to be celebrating Holden's first birthday, tomorrow. He is such a beautiful child and we love him so much.



And...

Jack and Holden started a new daycare, yesterday. To an outsider it might not seem like such a big deal, but it is. I was worried about Jack, but walked in to his new classroom and said, "bye mom". Holden cried, but he recently developed a strong case of separation anxiety. And, believe it or not, my barely 1 year old child is taking naps on a cot. As a matter of fact, I won't believe it until I see it. I have another funny story to tell....

Jack: "The teachers at my new school are bad".
Mommy: "What do you mean?"
Jack: "They say bad things."
Mommy: "What kind of bad thins do they say?"
Jack: "They say 'no' and 'be quiet'"

That is even funnier to me because I am a teacher.

No comments: